Yoga for Cyclists



I'm looking forward to sharing my AM/PM yoga practise with fellow New York Cycle Club members at West Point. It's taken me years of riding a bike for a living (albeit not like Lance) to note that a quick leg bend against a park bench - the amount of stretching most cyclists do - just doesn't cut it!

 I asked one of my teachers Sarah Coleman, owner of delightful East Village studio Finding Sukha, to demonstrate a nice little routine for cyclists. See the video above for some quad and hamstring lengthening moves. Thanks so much Sarah.

Bend it and mend it!

The Charlie's Angel stretch is also a good one for cyclists - and swivel chair dwellers ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga: Downward dog days in Arizona, March 2010

Yoga Rover: Samadhi Studio + Vasisthasana with "Easy Feet"